[meteorite-list] NPA 08-02-1967 Opposes Sale of Bruderheim Meteorite to US Firm

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 14:07:08 2005

Paper: Lethbridge Herald
City: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Date: Wednesday, August 2, 1967
Page: 3

Opposes Sale of Fragments To U.S. Firm

     EDMONTON (CP) - Dr. A. L. Bayrock of the Alberta Research Council says
Canadians should not consider selling meteorite fragments to a United States
firm.
     Dr. Bayrock made the statement in connection with an offer of $10 a
pound for fragments from a meteorite that landed near Bruderheim, Alba., in
1960.
     He said the search by the U.S. firm is "questionable" and in any event,
any such fragments should be offered first to the National Research
Council's committee on meteorite research or to a Canadian museum.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.