[meteorite-list] Cubic forms of meteoritic minerals Winners Announced Pt.1

From: Eduardo. <rockhoundm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 06:03:08 2005

Hi Dirk

If you look at your quiz:

>Quiz: Do cubic forms exist in meteorites and in
> which minerials? A prize will be rewarded for the
> most correct and detailed answer. Thank you and cube
> on, Dirk Ross....Tokyo

You are looking for CUBIC FORMS. Most of the minerals listed have a cubic
crystalline structure, but that does not mean that the minerals have
cubic form in the meteorites.
For example, when I mentioned that I found cubic crystals of magnetite in
my nantan specimens, that surprised me a lot, as magnetite, although
cubic have a cubic structure, usually is found as octahedrons, not cubes.
I have terrestrial crystals of magnetite from over 20 locations, but
cubic from only 2)
Most of the minerals described in meteorites have no crystal form, they
are just massive, so no "CUBIC FORM".
best regards
Eduardo