[meteorite-list] Fwd: more on meteoriteblog.com

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 18:37:02 2005

Dear Dirk;

I have seen blog's in the past, and they are a rather fickle friend at
best. The car door is unlocked and the key is in the ignition. And the
beast is parked in an unsavory neighborhood, the unmoderated web. They
remind me of a perfectly good car without a steering wheel.

Sad part is, they are not visited by just meteorite hunters/collectors.
They are visited by any bafoon that can type in M-E-T-E-O-R-I-T-E
meaning those that are behind masks, behind bars, from mental
institutions, the largest scam artists, felons-with-out-a-cause inc. ,
and the likes of all who would commit fraud with meteorites, and all
sorts of non proper avenues that positive meteorite associates would not
really be found in. Gangs inhabit blog sites.
Seemingly this could open a very negative doorway for vile sorts to
enter meteorites. Motive:

I see no reason for me to visit such an unmoderated contraption,
especially when we don't even now who hosts/ sponsors the thing

Kind of reminds me of the verse in that "Alice's Restaurant" song as the
fellow sits on the bench and the others all moved away. baby rapers,
father rapers............ and litter bugs included!

Dave F