[meteorite-list] What's in a name?

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 12:59:36 2005

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg!

...a name that would then probably be soon abbreviated as "15 g"? ..

I remember that the village with the longuest mane (world record) is
somewhere in Whales. Obviously can't remember it (who can help ?)

I just remember another remote place, a small village in South Iceland,
where, years ago, we had to stop to repare a flat tire.

It is "Kirkjubaej?rlklaustur".

I fogot the meaning (it is a question of a farm yard behind some church ..)
but perhaps our scandinavien friends can help?
At least, there were nice black magnetic pebbles on the nearby beach. But
at that time, I had a vague idea of what a meteorite can represent. And our
magnets were just used to collect odd basaltic rocks...I bet we missed the
first authentified Icelandic meteorite!

Cheers,

Zelimir

A 10:03 21/02/05 -0500, vous avez ?crit :