[meteorite-list] selling haag pieces

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 11:44:26 2005

Good morning list.I see some people have been or are trying to sell haag
pieces they got from tucson.Well that is thier right if they want to.I see
bob c. tried to sell some of his pieces and was unsucessful.I still get
people emailing me to sell my pieces.I continue to say no.I admit I did
put up my macy on ebay to sell.But I believe that that was the one I could
let go.Matt morgan bought some of his pieces,so mike farmer,me,dave f. and
so on.If we want to sell them that is our business.I am primarily a
collecter.Really nothing more.Like bob haag told me 3 years ago.If you
have 1 meteorite you are a collecter.If you have 2 meteorites you are a
dealer.Sounds right!But what I think is out of character is saying that it
is NOT RIGHT!UNETHICAL!YADA YADA!!Hey if we make money because we want to
upgrade to something nicer,again,that is our business.And even when I
bought some stuff from bob haag a few years ago, he said,hey if you make
money off my name,more power to you.It is like michael jordan.When you
sell something with his name(real autograph),you are selling his name
because there is clout behind his name.As in the meteorite realm,the name
HAAG has major clout behind it.I see some major meteorite dealers bought
so they can make money or upgrade to something better, or just wanted the
pieces in thier collection because they thought could own really top of
the pieces.Just some thoughts from a very passionate collecter.

                                   steve arnold, chicago,usa11

Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728
Illinois Meteorites