[meteorite-list] Names - Next Met Bull - Crash Artifacts - LV Part 3

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 20 21:40:06 2005

Category - Neat Names:

Soggy Dry Lake, CA - no meteorite found there, yet!

---------

When will we see Met. Bull. #89:

The NomCom just had a vote last week and there were a
LOT OF NAMES to approve. They would like to have
these recently approved names to appear in the MB#89.
So, it will take more time until this next version is
posted to the web site.

---------

Paul Gessler wrote:

>It fell to earth on November 9th, 1962.

Paul's talking about the X-15 that crashed on that dry
lake. Red Dry Lake 001 was found by one of those
military artifact hunters that scour the desert for
debris/relics. He was actually looking for a crash
site on Red Lake when he found that small meteorite.

---------

Paul Gessler wrote:

>PS-Rob M. can't wait for vol II[I] on Lucerne valley-

Rob Matson might be still out on his Mojave trip, so
I'll chime in to say that he is waiting for NomCom to
formally approve his meteorite names before he uses
them in his much anticipated post "LV Part3".

---------
Did I miss anything?

Oh Yeah! Thanks to "Steve Arnold, Chicago!" for
getting the answer to my earlier Baygorria question!
(Here's an idea - the next time I have a question for
the List, I'll have Steve or "Tom" Knudson ask it.;-)

Bob V.