[meteorite-list] NPA 07-06-1975 Goldstein (meteorite researcher) awarded full professorship

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 20 21:07:03 2005

Paper: Syracuse Herald-American
City: Syrcause, New York
Date: Sunday, July 6, 1975
Page: 34

Goldstein awarded full professorship

     Dr. Joseph I. Goldstein of Syracuse, associate professor of metallurgy
and materials science at Lehigh University, has been promoted to full
professor effective Sept. 1.
     As principal investigator in NASA's Returned Lunar Sample Analysis
Program, Goldstein has been performing research at Lehigh on Moon samples
from the Apollo missions since 1969.
     Prior to joining the Lehigh faculty in 1968 he taught at MIT, was a
physical metallurgist at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory in
Cambridge, Mass., and served as an aerospace technologist at the Laboratory
for Theoretical Studies at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt,
Md.
     In 1965 he won the Nininger Meteorite Award and he also received
honorable mention for his color photomicrographs at both the 20th and 22nd
Metaliographic Exhibits of the American Society for Metals.
     He is a member of a wide variety of professional, technical and
honorary societies and has published more than 60 technical papers.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.