[meteorite-list] Sikhote-Alin shrapnel prices?

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 20 06:52:53 2005

Hola Darrison,

now off-list.
Certainly 50$ shiptment for 1kg from Europe to USA is way from discussion a
huuuuge rip-off,
but if the BIN was 0.24$, one can't say anything against - one could think,
that it would be a special gimmick of the seller, to earn his bucks with the
shipment costs, making the lot more appealing with silly low BIN, but in
this case I'm sure he simply made a mistake.
A normal ebay price for such kgs-lots of shrapnels would be +/-0.15$/g,
thus in your case 150-170$ for the lot,
regmaglypted Sikhotes +/- 0.25$/g.

Thus you paid 0.043/g - less than for a stinky weathered Nantan or Campo,
hence you should sing: Kittakittaooloo and
listen
to my
Buckleboo!

Martin