[meteorite-list] Sikhote-Alin shrapnel prices?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 19 22:56:54 2005

I'm wondering what a would be concidered a good price on small pieces of Sikhote-Alin shrapnel. A
seller had a 1160 gram lot of 74 pieces listed with a BIN of 24 cents and a shipping price of $50.
I think maybe the 24 cent BIN was a mistake, but it looks like he was gouging quite a bit on the
shipping (even with it coming from Finland) and I wanted to do the BIN before someone else did (as
surely someone would). So is $50.24 a good price for this lot, or should I tell the seller that
he's "off the hook" (assuming that it was an accident). Or would the ethical thing to do to be to
let him "off the hook" good deal or not?

Here's the lot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6513253911