[meteorite-list] Canyon Diablo - who has...

From: Martinh <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 17 12:52:42 2005

Hello Bernhard and All,

Here is a link to one of my Accretion Desk articles at the Meteorite
Times:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2004/April/Accretion_Desk.htm

In the article, I have two pieces that might interest you. The first
pictured specimen, I believe, is oriented. It is triangular with what
appears to be a rim of not-yet-ablated material surrounding the edge on
the back side.

The second is my cowfish individual. It is the sixth picture in the
series and although not very large, it is obviously thumbprinted.

There is also, at the bottom of the page, another picture of my CD with
a bullet hole in case anyone wants to see another view of that piece.

Hope this helps you in your information quest. Maybe Jim Tobin could
help here as he is an expert on the crater.

Cheers,

Martin H.