[meteorite-list] First meteorites

From: PrintsTodd_at_aol.com <PrintsTodd_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 17 07:03:44 2005

In a message dated 2/16/2005 11:57:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
moni2555_at_hotmail.com writes:
Hi TODD,

Congratualtions!!!
Did you find your first finds all by yourself or did you go out with some
one?
I know my first find was with an experienced meteorite investigator and I
know I could have never found it by myself!
How exciting!!

Happy searching in the future!!
Sternengruss, Moni

Thank you, Moni.
Well, I was with another novice, but I did a lot of research and took some
advise from one of the original founders of the Franconia strewn field, which
was: "Buy a small Franconia so you know what it looks like and what it sounds
like on your metal detector. And bring the sample to the field with you."
And, by the way, I wouldn't have found these without a metal detector - they
are extremely hard to distinguish from the terrestials. The 50 gm was on the
surface and the 4 gm was about an inch or two in the dirt.

TODD
Scottsdale, AZ