[meteorite-list] USPS, ebay and Amazon

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 16 09:10:25 2005

Re: The Care and Feeding of "The Art of Collecting Meteorites."

Not-to-Worry Dept. - All books sent to USA addresses have "Delivery
Confirmation" attached. Thanks to our US Postal Service, books sent as early as
February 8 reached their destination on February 10......or not yet. Pardon our
dust. I am monitoring delivery daily and am quite frustrated by these delays.
Please don't ask me (yet) to provide over 300 USPS tracking numbers to each
individual who has ordered so far. I estimate that only 10% of all mailed
copies have been delivered as of this moment (Wednesday morning). One reader in
New Mexico worried about his copy and I found it sitting in Memphis, TN -
probably visiting Elvis.

Amazon sales - Are out of the question. They want a minimum commission of
40% of the retail price, and possibly as much as 55%. This works only if you
have an artificially inflated cover price.

ebay - I will offer the book at a later date on ebay. Presently, I am making
it available first to loyal list members. "meteorobs", and readers of
Meteorite magazine, as the "numbered, signed copy" concept is quite popular.

Regards to all,

Kevin Kichinka