[meteorite-list] Re: Ad Ben Guerir

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 10:05:07 2005

Hi All
Here are some neat fragments that I picked up in Tucson of the fall
near Ben Guerir, Morocco on Nov. 22, 2004. It looks like 30-40 kg
were recovered but most went to the government. The fall is near a
military base which quickly moved in and confiscated most of the
pieces that were recovered. This is also the first meteorite
classified in Morocco. It has been classified LL6. All of these
pieces are fresh showing a light interior with tiny metal flecks.
Please note the name is only proposed at this time. It is supposed to
be submitted to Nom Com but nothing is in print yet. Some times you
see the name as one word.
Fragments with fusion crust $9 per gram % = approximate fusion crust
amount
12.06 20%
6.77 45%
2.87 40%
2.84 20%
2.49 40%
2.02 5%
$12.00 per gram
1.35 5%
1.21 20%
1.02 25%

Uncrusted fragments $7.50 per gram
4.10
3.80
1.52
1.15

For photos I have uploaded them to a Yahoo album. They are listed as
BG677 = Ben Guerir 6.77 grams.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteorfinder/my_photos
If you are interested in some larger pieces let me know sizes as I
might be able to get some.
Shipping is $4 US and most overseas locations $10 via Global Priority Mail. Please email for exact costs.
Mike

--
Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359