[meteorite-list] European lost orders (RHartman)

From: Ron Hartman <rnhartma_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 13 17:34:03 2005

Our input:

In a shipment of membrane box components (we do final box assembly) from
Europe by FedEx during the Christmas season rush (en route from Paris to
U.S.) 11 large parcels, 20 x 16 x 16 in., after leaving U.S. customs in
Tennessee, ten went westward quickly to our shipping office in Crestline,
California (as they should have) and one went east to the Bahamas where it
was delivered and signed for by I believe an attorney's office. (There is a
signature.) They refused to give the package back to FedEx and the claim
for a lost package is processing. FedEx assumes responsibility for lost
packages.

Ron Hartman
www.membranebox.com