[meteorite-list] cleaning seymchan

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 11 20:15:03 2005

Part of my tucson haul was a great looking 100lb seymchan from the comet
shop guys - (FedEx ground just delivered it today I didnt think I would be
able to get away with putting it in the overhead compartment - even over
someone's head other than my own!) and after looking at it more and more I
see alot more olivine poking out from the 'bottom' of the iron that I first
did in Serge's room. The bottom of the piece has a decent layer of what
looks like caliche on it. Anyone have any experience removing this stuff,
especailly without causing any problems to the olivine that may be concealed
beneath?

Thanks in advance..

Stan