[meteorite-list] RE-2: Nice CAI in a CV3

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 8 15:54:40 2005

Hi all,

have a look at my specimen (47.5g)

www.austromet.com/collection/NWA_CV3.jpg

www.austromet.com/collection/NWA_CV3_closeup_01.jpg

www.austromet.com/collection/NWA_CV3_closeup_02.jpg

enjoy,

Christian

IMCA #2673
www.austromet.com

Christian Anger
Korngasse 6
2405 Bad Deutsch-Altenburg
AUSTRIA

email: christian.anger_at_aon.at

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Martinh
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 8:59 PM
To: Meteorite List
Subject: [meteorite-list] Nice CAI in a CV3

Hi All,

At the Tucson show, I picked up a nice NWA end section with a wonderful
CAI. I know, I know, its not an historic L6, but it is pretty cool
anyway.

When I do talks about the solar system, I like to pass around a CAI for
the obvious reasons. Now I can hold one up in front of a class and
everyone can see it.

Here are some pics of the piece:

http://challenge.isu.edu/nwa2086.html

Notice the smaller CAI island that drifted off the mainland, looking
somewhat like Madagascar off the east coast of Africa.

Any thoughts on the CAI would be appreciated.

Happy viewing.

Martin H