[meteorite-list] Re: Tucson 2005 Meteorite Mayhem Party & Mystery Person

From: WAHLPERRY_at_aol.com <WAHLPERRY_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 7 10:48:45 2005

Hi List,

What a great time we had at the Tucson show this year. I want to send a special thanks to Geoff Notkin & Steve Arnold for the awesome party on Friday night. Twink Monrad and Jim Kriegh brought a beautifully decorated Gold Basin birthday cake that was as delicious as it looked. Thanks to all of the others that pitched in to make it such a good night.

I really enjoyed seeing so many of the list members and meteorite hunters and hearing some of their cool stories about meteorite hunting trips. I was surprised and honored to receive the Harvey award (thanks again). It made it awful hard to drive back to Vegas holding it in one hand and showing it to people as they drove by!! My wife had to sleep in the other bed in our hotel room to make room for my new award!! Just teasing. I can't wait to see all of the meteorite folks again next year.

The gentleman winning the Harvey award in Arizona Keith's photo is Jose Guggiari the famous Campo hunter.

http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/tucson2005harveyawards66.jpg

Thanks,

Sonny