[meteorite-list] Tucson 2005

From: Art <blurtheline_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 6 22:44:06 2005

Good Evening all;

Just got back from 2 days at this year's Tucson show and it was great
to see many friends but also sad to miss so many! The show is so huge
that it can be quite overwhelming and unless you attend for a week,
you're bound to miss much.

I was lucky enough to accomplish the following:

- Attend the Meteor Mayhem Birthday Bash (Happy Birthday Geoff and Steve!)
- Finally meet Blaine
- Hold a new LUNAR (well, proposed lunar to be PC, but it looks like
the real thing to me - thanks and congrats again Mike!!)
- Talk with Anne, Mike, Michael, Frank, Eric, Jim, Tom, Luc, and many more
- Met some new friends
- Hold a new -very cool- Iron from the Atlas Mountains
- See a slice of Russian tree trunk with a piece of Sikhote-Alin
actually embedded in it!
- Buy a few things

Overall, it was a very fun show for me and my friends who came along.
I wish I could have stayed longer to chat with all the folks that I
missed or couldn't spend more time with; See you all next year!

Best Regards, Art