[meteorite-list] Phobosian and Demosian meteorites

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 3 19:06:21 2005

The clasts in question are not basaltic. They're alkaline and subalkaline
igneous rocks. That's why the authors are speculating about Mars'
satellites. See their article:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-data_query?bibcode=2003M%26PS...38..725I&db_key=AST&link_type=ARTICLE

and the abstract:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2003/pdf/1236.pdf