[meteorite-list] 'confused' Sikhote-Alin?

From: Martinh <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 3 15:24:46 2005

Hi Eric and All,

Your interesting S-A specimens you call 'Confused' is similar to one I
highlighted in one of my Accretion Desk articles a while back.

The Taza specimen I nicknamed a Duck's Foot has a similar double
orientation. I spoke to either Jim Tobin or Paul Harris about it back
then, and one of them had the wonderful insight that the piece might
have actually spun like a wheel with the 'tread' side down thus
orienting the piece around the rim, but also rolling back on both of
the larger sides.

Here is a link to my article:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2003/July/Accretion_Desk.htm

and Duck's foot is about 1/2 way down the page.

Since that time, I have seen a few more of these oriented wheels, but
all were irons.

Cheers,

Martin