[meteorite-list] HAPPY NEW YEAR

From: Dave Carothers <davecarothers_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Dec 31 09:15:56 2005

List Members,

Thank you all for an enlightening and educational 2005. I've learned a lot
from the posts to the list and from individual responses to my queries to
list members. To those of you I've been lucky enough to buy meteorites
from, thank you for the opportunity to expand my collection. In wishing you
all a very happy, prosperous, and peaceful 2006, I offer up this recipe for
a Happy New Year (author is unknown).

Take twelve whole months.
Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate, and jealousy.
Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.

Now cut each month into twenty-eight, thirty, or
thirty-one different parts,
but don't make up the whole batch at once.
Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients.

Mix well into each day one part of faith,
one part of patience, one part of courage,
and one part of work.
Add to each day one part of hope,
faithfulness, generosity, and kindness.
Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation,
and one good deed.
Season the whole with a dash of good spirits,
a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play,
and a cup full of good humor.

Pour all of this into a vessel of love.
Cook thoroughly over radiant joy,
garnish with a smile,
and serve with quietness, unselfishness,
and cheerfulness.
You're bound to have a happy new year.

All the best in 2006 to you all.

Dave