[meteorite-list] Meteorite Pricing/Values

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 18:38:09 2005

Hi Steve,

I believe you meant to send your reply to me, "Greg". instead of Dean (see
below). No biggie, just want to clear up the error.

Best regards,
Greg

Dear Matteo and List,

I have watched this "pricing" debate go on and on for a long time now. I
believe there are several price levels for any meteorite. One must consider
if the meteorite is a whole stone, complete slice, part slice, fragment, a
fresh piece, weathered piece or has cool characterizes that would dictate
the "value" someone is willing to pay for a particular specimen. All this
and whether the piece is large or just a speck. Every meteorite has a base
"retail" value and fluctuating prices depending on the above mentioned
attributes.

One two cents, euros...

Wished everyone the best for the holidays,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)
gmhupe_at_tampabay.rr.com