[meteorite-list] Nubie introduction:: Starmon

From: Tom Teters <tomt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 20 11:54:23 2005

Greeting group,
   New to list not new to astronomy. I take care of the
http://NCAStro.org pages here on the
Northern Front Range of Colorado. And a reattending college student
at 53, striving for my Bachelors
  degree in Geology/GIS at CSU.
   I have a small collection of meteorites another astronomy devotee
gave me and would like to join
the Colorado Meteor Society (COMETS) and search for them sometime.
   Here in N. CO there is a lot of flat almost bare (been dry!!)
ground, especially where we 'star party'
on the Pawnee Prairie Grasslands, so during 'down time' I'll walk the
ground, searching for pretty
& strange looking rocks. So far have not seen any rocks with ablated
surfaces, but there is always
next year. So looking forward to helpful hints and stories of
discovery and awe.

Think Cosmic,
Tom T
Remember: It only takes one, Ask Any Dinosaur!!
http://starmon.com
tomt_at_starmon.com