Re-2: [meteorite-list] Barringer Ban Area

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 18 16:15:20 2005

Hello Gary and List,

"Interesting - they let them keep their finds."

Gary, if I were you, I wouldn't count on that. Thomas was just lucky they did not
search his/their pockets!" But if you should go there and try your luck (be careful,
please and do not let your passion for meteorites carry you away!), it will be of
interest that the area where the highest concentration of Canon Diablo meteorites
occurred is the area in the northeast quadrant that extends directly from the crater
rim to about 3/4 of a mile from the crater (mostly smaller pieces).

Larger chunks were found in the southeast quadrant about 1 1/2 to 2 miles away from
the crater rim and another one three to four miles away from the crater rim in a small
area about 45? south of east (or 45? east of south).

Cheers,

Bernd