[meteorite-list] Re: meteorite on Tucson local news Monday 12/12/05

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 12 21:34:59 2005

Twink posted:

> Our local NBC affiliate 5 pm news just showed a photo of Steve Arnold
> and the landowner in the back of the truck with the new Brenham find
> and stated that it will be on display at our Tucson Gem and Mineral
> Show in February, the news announcer sounded pretty excited about it
> all!

Dear Twink and List:

Thanks for that news update Twink. I'm amazed the TV stations already
know!

I am pleased to report that Steve and Phil's 1,430-lb Brenham will be
one of the star attractions at the 2006 Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.
The meteorite will be staying at the InnSuites hotel. We are working
out details with the show promoter, and hopefully a special event as
well.

What I can tell you is that the King of the Pallasites will be on
display (approximately) from January 27 through February 6, 2006, so
those of you coming in for the party/auction weekend of February 3 ? 5
will be able to see it in person. And, really, it's worth the trip just
for that : )

More news when we have it.

Best to all,

Geoff N.