[meteorite-list] Powellsville is [not] missing!

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 9 14:38:02 2005

Tracy wondered:

"When I tried to locate Powellsville, OH, I was able to locate Scioto County and
even a Powellsville Pike, but the original town seems to have dried up and blown
away."

Jeff wrote:

USGS to the rescue:

"Click on one of the mapping services to the right
of this page, preferably Topozone, to see where it
is."

Hello Tracy, Jeff, and List,

Powellsville, Ohio, was an easy target for my Microsoft Encarta (1993-1996)
and an even easier target for my electronic US-Atlas (I don't know the title
of the English version but it is copyright by Pro CD Inc., Danvers, MA).

The latter even lets me zoom in so I can see it is on Route 522 not far away
from Poplar Fork Pine Creek with Oakes Road running a little to its west.

Regards,

Bernd