[meteorite-list] Secret Santa Update

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 4 12:39:19 2005

Hello List,

Just a quick message to say there is still time to participate in the Secret
Santa-Amigo Secreto-Wichteln gift exchange. In the spirit of the close of the
year and and excuse for hearing from an auld or making a new acquaintance,
this is a completely non-profit activity dedicated to anticipation and
entertainment among meteorite aficionados. Simple: send your email address and
shipping address - you will receive a like meteorite gift from your mystery person
and you will send a gift to your own very nice person you are assigned in a few
days. The only other thing is cards are strongly encouraged, too.

If you like formal rules, they are below, so everyone knows what a "like
gift" is, but this is an open invitation to the so many nice people out there, to
join the nice little crowd that is already excited by a little bit of
anticipation. Or don't forget your child or partner who you could give a hand to, too
for a little holiday spice in a simple family event guaranteed to bring a
smile to the face at any age. Meteorite! Gifts! Anticipation! Fun!

Finest winter wishes!
Doug
MexicoDoug_at_aol.com

The Twelve Rules of Secret Santa follow:
1. You won't know who your Santa is in advance, but Santa will remember you
with a like gift, and hopefully also a greeting card you can display.
Anticipate a surprise!
2. Gifts must be classified meteorites, or those being actively classified.
3. Gifts must reasonably be worth $20
4. You must send a gift in an opportune manner to the person for whom you
are Santa Claus; you must pay for the shipping, but you choose to use reindeer
or other method of Santa's (your) choice
5. You will know who your good little girl or boy (the person you send a
gift to) is two weeks before Xmas Day.
6. This event is open to nice people who like to give of all religious
denominations.
7. If there is an unforseen screw-up with the shipping, you won't get too
mad at anyone and do your best to be forgiving - this is meant to be lots of
fun.
8. I have no responsibility in this. That said, I will do my very best to
efficiently assign you the name and shipping address of your lucky recipient
of your Santa-ing, and I get to participate.
9. There are no commissions, no payments, no fees, no nutin' else allowed.
Just plain anticipation of new or old friends and little surprise meteorites
to and from Santa.
10. Cards are strongly suggested, but not required, because they are fun,
too.
11. If other family or friends participate please be sure they have the
necessary support from you make their recipient smile, too.
12. Please specify the name of the person receiving the gift (whether you
or someone you are giving a hand to) as they would see it on a greeting card.