[meteorite-list] Indian media and crackpot science?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 27 02:03:09 2005

Anyone notice that it seems that in just about any meteorite or astonomy related story that Google
pulls from an Indian news outlet contains interviews with some Indian scientist or another telling
something at least a little weird and implying at least that he knows just a bit more than the
researchers on whatever the subject is, and that they aren't quite right (and he, of course, is)?
They may or may not be from this same "news site" and quoting this same "scientist", I haven't
archived them.

This one is one of the most out-of-the-ballpark weird ones yet:

http://internationalreporter.com/news/read.php?id=709

Dent in new theory of Solar System?
MIL, Aug 26, 2005. Alan

Some scientists of the University of Toronto claim to have found some 'young' material of
meteorites. They further claim that this discovery has opened a new theory, which describes early
events of the Solar System. They base it on the paper published in the August issue of Nature.

This paper discloses that the scientists have found out some youngest picks, which describe a
different story. These picks are known as chondrules, the little grains of mineral of which
meteorites are formed. The material, which they found, is known as Gujba and Hammadah al Hamra.

The geologist of University Yuri Amelin, with lead authors Alexander Krot of the University of
Hawaii have studied the chondrules' mineralogical structure and determined their isotopic age.
Amelin feel that these chondrules did not belong to the original nebula. Moreover, they say that the
discovery reveals that both material belong to different age, not the one as originally thought.

According to Amelin these chondrules were not formed by a shock wave, but emerged much later than
other chondrules. "They actually post-date the oldest asteroids," he says. "We think these
chondrules were formed by a giant plume of vapour produced when two planetary embryos, somewhere
between moon-size and Mars-size, collided."

The evolution of the Solar System as taken by scientists is that the gases around the early Sun
gradually cooled to form small particles which clumped into asteroids and planets. New theory wishes
to overtake the old one.

It claims that chondrules formed at two distinct times and supports that the embryo planets were
already in existence when chondrule were in the process of forming. Amelin says, "But I'm sure
that as new data is collected, a new order will emerge." NASA and the Canadian Space Agency aided
this project.

I sought for the views of Dr. Raj Baldev, Cosmo Theorist from India. He said, " The theory is
thrilling but the reasons may not be as explained by Yuri Amelin, and Alexander Krot.

Dr. Raj Baldev said, the Universe and its systems or orders like Solar Systems were created by a
Black Hole or Black Holes. As the Primeval Reservoir or Primeval Black Hole created the Parent
Universe so all its orders like solar system were created by black holes of various sizes. While
creating the Solar System, the same procedure applied. There was not only one nebula but a giant
black hole, either it was single or it went on merging with other parts.

"Even the newborn black hole, just one second old can also consume material falling into it while
some propelling other material away at dynamic speed. It was quite possible during the process of
the formation of the Solar System.

"Even NASA has no option to deny, "NASA's Swift satellite say they have found newborn black holes,
just seconds old, in a confused state of existence. The holes are consuming material falling into
them while somehow propelling other material away at great speeds."

"The quality of black hole is that when it explodes, it does not explode once, it has the capability
of exploding four times in the first minute following the explosion. Its energy is far greater than
assumed.

"In this context, I would like to quote Prof. David Burrows of Penn State, University Park, Pa while
commenting on the black hole, he said, "First comes a blast of gamma rays followed by intense pulses
of X-rays. The energies involved are much greater than anyone expected."

"Every week, at least three new stories, new findings and discoveries are reported or they appear in
different science magazines, they are all divergent, simply because the earlier theories were based
on guess works, all other theories which are coming up now are also not that much authentic, since
these are based on the researchers own views.

"I can say only this much that unless the scientists are well aware of the functioning of the
Primeval Black Hole, which created the Parent Universe including our Universe, it is not possible
for them to catch the right thread.

"Black Holes followed this process and constructed orders like Solar System in our Universe either
with single large black hole or various black holes which might have merged together and scattered
the gaseous material and chondrules not at one time but several times till the final formation.

As such the age of formation of the Solar System varies with the new finding. However it is not
advisable for me or any other scientists or researchers to admit the new theory without proper
debate.

And here's another one on the site today where the great Dr. Raj Baldev insists that the Earth is in
the center of the Milky Way:

http://us.internationalreporter.com/news/read.php?id=704

Sun in the center of the Milky Way?
MIL/UW-Madison, Aug 18, 2005. H.Groover

California - The New finding of NASA obtained through Spitzer's Space Telescope supports that we are
probably inside the Milky Way and it is therefore impossible for us to see what our whole galaxy
looks like.

NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has given a clear idea to astronomers who conducted the most
comprehensive structural analysis of our galaxy and found tempting new evidence that the Milky Way
is much more different from an ordinary spiral galaxy.

In fact we are in the center of the Milky Way and that is the reason that every thing looks alike
from our center according to Dr. Raj Baldev, Cosmo Theorist from India.

He elaborated that the survey using the orbiting infrared telescope provided the fine details of a
long central bar feature that has now distinguished the Milky Way from several other pedestrian
spiral galaxies.

Ed Churchwell, a UW-Madison professor of astronomy and a senior author of a paper describing the new
work in an upcoming edition of Astrophysical Journal Letters, a leading astronomy journal said,
"this is the best evidence ever for this long central bar in our galaxy."

A group of astronomers surveyed about 30 million stars in the plane of the galaxy in an effort to
build a detailed profile of the inner regions of the Milky Way. The task, according to Churchwell,
is like trying to describe the boundaries of a forest from an advantage point deep within the woods:
"This is hard to do from within the galaxy."

Spitzer has, however, helped the astronomers to cut through covering clouds of interstellar dust in
order to gather hidden starlight from millions of stars at the center of the galaxy, to give a
better picture inside the regions of the Milky Way.

As per Robert Benjamin, the lead author of the new study and a professor of physics at the
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater: "We're observing at wavelengths where the galaxy is more
transparent, and we're bringing tens of millions of objects into the equation."

The new finding has given an opportunity to Astronomers to have a better and clear picture of the
Milky Way Galaxy, which has a long stellar bar through its center. It has also provided the best
estimates of the size and orientation of the bar, which are quite different from the previous
estimates.

The bar shows that it has relatively old and red stars, spanning the center of the galaxy roughly
27,000 light years in length, which is 7,000 light years longer than the previously believed
estimate.

In Dr. Raj Baldev's view the bar is, in fact, oriented at about 45-degree angle relative to a line
joining the sun and also the center of the galaxy. This new discovery has undoubtedly posed a big
challenge to the Big Bang theory and their supporter scientists to justify the old and red stars
spanning the center of the galaxy about 27,000 light years in length.

The new bar structure looks to have created a clear dent in the theory of Big Bang.

According to UW-Madison NR, the astronomers previously debated whether a presumed central feature of
the galaxy would be a bar structure or a central ellipse - or both. The new research, the Wisconsin
astronomers say, clearly shows a bar-like structure.

"To date, this is the best evidence for a long bar in our galaxy," Benjamin asserts. "It's hard to
argue with this data."

The Spitzer Space Telescope was lofted into orbit in August of 2003. It consists of a telescope and
three science instruments, including the Infrared Array Camera, the primary instrument used for the
new survey, known as GLIMPSE for Galactic Legacy Mid-Plane Survey Extraordinaire.