[meteorite-list] Now that's what I call manuverability!

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 18 11:04:10 2005

Hi List,

"Can meteorites collide with the space station, another student asked."

"we can maneuver the station" to avoid them."

"Now this has to be some tricky driving!"

Is there two space stations now? Is there a four wheel drive version that
drives around on earth? I would imagine it would be easy to maneuver around
meteorites sitting on the ground, heck, just this morning I maneuvered
around a rock in the middle of the road, I did not even have to get tricky.
  Or, is the space stations orbit degrading to where now it's orbit is only
a few inches above the Earths surface? In that case, it might be tricky
maneuvering around meteorites but I have been out there, there is not that
many meteorites sitting on the ground to avoid, I just don't think it is an
issue.
 Wait, maybe space shuttle astronauts bring meteorites up with them and
return them to space near the station therefore causing the space station to
avoid them? I sure hope there Nantans, hate to waste good meteorites for
that!

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><