[meteorite-list] Some of you may have a free rare earth magnet

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 18 00:47:56 2005

Better yet,

There are millions of old hard disks out there piled high in junk boxes.
Each contains a pair of rare-earth Neodymium magnets, many of which are so
powerful they can suspend 50 to 100 pounds of steel. Put one on your
refrigerator, and you will need a pair of pliers to remove it. Try it
sometime. You will most likely need a TORX 5 or 6 to break the case down to
get at them. They are found on each side of the coil in the R/W head
mechanism.

CharlyV