[meteorite-list] Blanket meteorite

From: Martin H. <planetwhy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 17 16:53:48 2005

McCartney kindly asked:

> This is a request for help.
> I'm doing research on the Blanket, Texas 1909
> meteorite fall.
> Specifically, I'm needing fall location information.

Hello McCartney,

Sorry this is not off list, but then again I am not
answering your question either.

Anyway, I have run into the same lack of info about
Blanket as you have. However, that did not prevent me
from entering a specimen of Blanket into my
collection. Here is a webpage showing you my piece,
and the David New specimen label that came with it.

http://www.geocities.com/planetwhy/blanket.html

The Catalogue of Meteorite has litttle info on
Blanket, and lists no TKW. David New added up the
listed weights in known collections. Since the Field
Museum in Chicago has the bulk of the material, maybe
they can help you.

Good luck with your search, and happy viewing.

Martin