[meteorite-list] Some of you may have a free rare earth magnet

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 17 03:56:38 2005

Yeah, I know from experience about never keeping a magnet in your
wallet!

This got me thinking, what about converting one of those credit card
torches into a pocket electromagnet? by replacing the LED with a small
coil of wire covered in epoxy glue, Just a thought - then you have a
pocket magnet that won't affect compasses or credit cards! - Since you
can turn it off.

Best
Mark Ford