[meteorite-list] Wellman (f) Encore

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 6 16:23:29 2005

Hello Bob, McCartney, and List,

My Pauline and I, we were both so busy today working in our garden that
neither of us had the time to go and see if there was mail for us in our
mailbox. Well, the subject line says it all: I am just back from our mail-
box, and there they were already. Thank you, McCartney, for sending them
via airmail. Oh boy (and gal ;-), whadda meteorite, ... no two of them :-)

OK, some may say what's there to be so excited about? It's just another (un-
equilibrated) H chondrite after all. Wrong! Not only is it a very aesthetic-
looking meteorite visually, ... it's also quite rare a sub-type: 3.5. There
aren't many H3.5's around:

Ilafegh 013 - 745 gr
Wellman (f) - 16.8 kg
Willaroy - 4.05 kg

Antarctica - H3.5 chondrites:

EET 83248 - 39.2 gr
LEW 87064 - 6.7 gr
LEW 88315 - 25.1 gr
LEW 88519 - 3.6 gr
MAC 88174 - 98.4 gr
MET 00452 - 774.9 gr
QUE 971023 - 11.4 gr.

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S.: Just in case McCartney should be sold out, list member
Eric Twelker has some breathtaking Wellman (f) specimens too.