[meteorite-list] List policies and ad posts thoughts

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 4 23:45:24 2005

Hi List,

Apparently the idea of trying to divide the list in to areas of topics
is not well received. I am not sorry that I suggested it though. We
currently have one long string of messages with topics under the sun
both related to and not related to meteorites.

It was suggested? that it would complicate the list but dividing into
topics would weed down areas (like ads) or serious discussion into
convenient areas that people might want to read. I guess my perception
of the list was it would be sophisticated enough to try it or offer a
better idea. Perhaps I was wrong.

BTW, the suggestion was to try to make the list better and in NO WAY is
an effort to accommodate our list spammer, though Elton story kept me
entertained for several minutes :-) I am not an outspoken fan for this
person, quite the opposite.

--AL Mitterling