[meteorite-list] OT: HOW MANY PLANETS?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 3 20:20:58 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:12:01 EDT, MexicoDoug_at_aol.com wrote:

>Darren, if we swapped Uranus with Earth something similar to what you
>envision might happen to Uranus at 1 AU as well...though your point is a good one
>to mull over...

I haven't done the math on it (and to be honest, would have to do a bit of brushing up before I
COULD do the math) but I was thinking that the Jovans had enough gravity to hold their atmospheres
even at 1 AU temperatures. Think about all of those "hot Jupiters" discovered over the past few
years. Anyone know the mass limit for a Jovan to keep it's volitiles?