[meteorite-list] Re: wow what a time I am having

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 1 13:54:43 2005

Steve A. (Elgin, IL) wrote:

>Alot of it is wide open,especially by the ocean.I have gotten dark I look
>like the locals down here.Oh well 2 more days then back home.I have
>13 new meteorites waiting for me when I get back home.It has been 90
>or better everyday,the ocean at least 85 degrees as well.And oh my god,
>all the pretty senoritas.That is a tale for another time.

>bye bye from mazatlan,steve

Hola List,

For all my list and brick and morter amigos who weren't missing me last week
not to hock some meteorites, or even not to chat about Pluto, I
theoretically apologise and presume to you that it was vacation time, and being stuck in
Mexico everyday without international travel buck$, it was a modest jaunt to
the beach in the VW bug for a week.

Unlike Steve of Elgin, there was no internet available nor desired, it was
to an even warmer, with much fewer tourists (all were "locals"). Everyone was
quite friendly and I acquired the name "camar?n pescador" since I hunted
conchas chinas during the brief opportunities when the whirling sand settled
between the rambunctious waves on a momentarily crystal bottom, and due to the
fact that I didn't take to tanning as well as Steve quoted above. The ruddy
Sunsets were as inviting as the green coconuts were profuse and fattening
(including whatever they were lightly spiking them with: hopefully not grain from
the local pharmacy).

Different from the destinations of the rich, drunk and famous, the day was
right for rice, beans and fresh-fried huachinango with lettuce and tomato, and
the night for a favorite wine in tranquility. Quiet, long, safe walks far
along the dark beaches yielded two nice fireballs gazing upward near Scorpius;
I had a LM of practically 5th magnitude sky (that is to die for based on the
home sky). The Milky Way glistened above casting suggestive starlit
highlights upon the crashing waves of the sea. Clean, foamy trails spread about by
the wake of the hypnotizing crests upon lush beaches tickled a wanderer
therapeutically and delightfully in exchange for leaving footprints in the fluffy
sands. Like the astros above, some phosfluorescent miniature organisms lit
entire constellations before one's wondrous gaze, deposited in the sands,
after magically sparkling within the ebbs and reach of every wave.

It wasn't so bad to miss the 10th planet by a few days, nor the Tour de
Lance, but it's nice to be back (Did I' say "I'll be back:)") As usual, it was
hard to pony up moments to take photos, but there were a few exceptions, if
anyone wants I'll shamelessly send or upload a couple to my site on request.
Saludos mexicanos, Doug