[meteorite-list] WHAT IS A PLANET?

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 1 06:11:46 2005

Hi Al&All,

> The naming of a planet is left to the astronomical community and they
> tend to name after the Greek gods. Suggesting and speculating names on
> this list is simply a waste of time although fun.

Not at all, it helps to understand, how garish the decision was to name that
object after a TV-Show: "Xena".
Guess the next KBOs will be called: Hulk, Buck, Blob, (Larry, Moe and
Curly), Fuzzy & Lassie.

>(what happened
> to the Pluto express??)

Cancelled. First you must back to the Moon, before the Chinese are there....
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/database/MasterCatalog?sc=PLUTOKE

For those, who want to learn about the life and works of Clyde Tombaugh:
http://www.klx.com/clyde/

Martin