[meteorite-list] Boom Startles Florida Residents

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 28 18:58:52 2005

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14431996&BRD=2256&PAG=461&dept_id=455823&rfi=6

Boom startles Islanders
By Carol Glassman
Marco Island Sun Times (Florida)
April 28, 2005

Some Marco residents were startled awake by a loud deep, reverberating
rumble instead of the annoying buzz of an alarm clock early Monday morning.

Police Chief Roger Reinke said, "We heard it plainly here at the
station. I checked to see if there was a crash at one of the
intersections, and the phone calls came in shortly thereafter. Since we
had no reports of damage, I did not think it necessary to invest any
resources in determining the cause. A few people came up with the
military jets over the gulf (sonic boom) theory. That seems to make the
most sense."

There has been no further information about the event.