[meteorite-list] Ad- impact melt meteorites

From: S. Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 27 20:10:16 2005

Dear List Members,

today I want to introduce some interesting impact melt meteorites. An
outstanding piece is NWA2902, it is for me the most beautiful Impact Melt,
which I had ever in my collection. On most slices you can recognize the
border between two lithologies very well. There are a few amazing slices, at
which the border runs nearly exactly in the center. These are high class
collection pieces at a fair price.

NWA 2899 is another very interesting impact melt. At millimeter-sized iron
inclusions in NWA 2899 are unusual dendritic struktures visible. These
dendrites have their origin probably by a rapid cooling after the impact
event.

These pieces represent what I like at the NWA meteorites, the unusual
pieces. It is breathtaking if you cut stones like this for the first time.
Additionally I offer some slices of typical L impact melts for a reasonable
price.
http://www.meteoriten.com/special.html

Best wishes,
Stefan