[meteorite-list] Putty

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 26 13:23:40 2005

I agree!

I have collected minerals for a number of years and never use it
on my collection. Whenever I get a new stone with putty on, my first
thing I do is to remove any trace of it.
Even putty that is said to not leave any trace does so after a few years.

The thing I have found that is best to mount stones with is hot melt glue.
Since it isn't that viscous it never penetrates the rock and it is easy to
just peel away.

Yes, I have used it on meteorites too. I have cut a couple of NWA 869
and mounted them in plastic display cases. A perfect gift to give to
those interested in science.

Muonionalusta

/G?ran

(... don't like Bucklebooooohhhs :-)