[meteorite-list] Largest Meteorite Collection

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 21 19:10:31 2005

Hi,

I think you might be misunderstanding my point. In reality, if you
apply NWAs to my scheme of ranking, they will likely be undervalued
since many of the criteria do not work well with:

Unknown find dates
Unknown locations
Unknown TKWs
Unknown proportion of TKW
Easily accessed pieces over 1kg
Lack of any collection documentation

NWAs are important meteorite specimens, and I do own some. In fact, I
was purchasing and trading with the Labennes for Saharan material back
in 1996 when they first offered it.

Also, in case anyone remembers when David New offered ad-Dahbubah many
years ago, he got it from me.

So in essence, I don't think my scheme treats NWAs fairly.

My scheme, my thoughts.

Martin