[meteorite-list] Ad- new L/LL3-6 and H/L3

From: S. Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 20 18:00:29 2005

Dear list members,

some time ago I had introduced some nice chondrites on the list, of which I
have got the definite results of the classification and numbers now. I
apologize to all interested collectors for the long waiting time.The first
meteorite, NWA 2889, is one of the most beautiful chondrites which I ever
had in my stock (my personal opinion). This meteorite isn't only very
beautiful but also has a very rare classification as a L/LL3-6, (S4, W1) and
is rarely represent in the collections. I have prepared all slices only with
a grinding machine from two sides and not polished because the polish makes
a very dark surface at this meteorite. I am sure, that the collectors who
decides for a slice or endcut of NWA 2882 will love these just the same as I
love my 50gm black crusted half stone.:-)

The second meteorite, NWA 2892, is also a very beautiful chondrule loaded
meteorite. I cannot recognize a matrix between the chondrules at this piece,
I can see only chondrule on chondrule at the surface. The classification
result is a rare H/L3, (S3, W3). This is also a very amazing meteorite. All
slices are also only prepared with a grinding machine because polishing
makes a ugly dark-brown color on the surface. By the way, this chondrite
reminds me strongly on the famous "chondrule conglomerate" that I have seen
some time ago on a different website.
http://www.meteoriten.com/special.html

Within the coming weeks I will offer further interesting meteorites which I
have collected within the last years and I always try to make the sale
prices for my pieces as reasonable as possible.

Best wishes,
Stefan

SR-Meteorite
I.M.C.A. Member#3368