[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - April 15, 2005

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 17:19:06 2005

John, Peter, Bernd and others:

What a twisted weave this has become. The picture in question was probably taken by Jeff Rowell of a section of NWA 1648 (looks like John K's section obviously). This one and I think two others were sent by Jeff when he was showing me some of the pics he had of about 8 different meteorites I had him make sections for me. The meteorite materials were mine that included NWA's 1648, 1774, 1930, 1882, among others. The pictures from Jeff were in my same folder that had other pics of some of these same sections...mostly my pictures. But mistakenly I sent this picture thinking it was of the "dark matter" in the R chondrite(1774). As Bernd pointed out...there are no chondrules in my version of 1774.

When I get a chance I will send Michael Johnson pics of my sections of 1648 and 1774. I was trying to help Michael out with sending a picture, not trying to pull a fast one. Murphy's Law....plus I was quite sloppy in my documentation of these sections.

BTW...what is that dark thing in John K's 1648 ?

My apologies,

John

-------------- Original message from "Kashuba, Ontario, California" <mary.kashuba_at_verizon.net>: --------------