[meteorite-list] Muonionalusta - Displacement Lines

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 14 09:06:30 2005

G'day List,

I recently acquired a 306g Muonionalusta Half Slice which caught my eye for
its unusual displacement/shock lines running through the etch. I remember
recently that someone posted a pic of Gibeon(?) with a similar feature and
there were theories that lines represented the boundary between the cooling
of different areas.

I believe the lines in the piece below are more likely from some sort of
shock event as the pattern matches up like a jigsaw but I'd very much like
to hear more opinions from others.

http://www.meteorites.com.au/features/muonionalusta.html

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken