[meteorite-list] Countdown to #500 Begins - Ad

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 13 16:27:29 2005

My latest work, "The Art of Collecting Meteorites" has been out for almost
three months. I am gratified at the positive reception it has received. Quite a
 few people have chosen to purchase additional copies to keep aside in "mint
condition" or to share as gifts. Dealers of minerals and meteorites have
availed themselves to my wholesale pricing for purchases of ten or more copies.

The total run of this book was a printing of 1,100 copies. About 100 have
been sold unsigned and unnumbered in "shrinkwrap". Presently, I am numbering
and signing the initial 500 individual copies of this First Edition book.
Yesterday, #301 went out. I have reserved #1-10, #100, #200 and #300 for people
special to the hobby.

I had put aside #250 for an ebay auction, but instead, I am now offering
"The Art of Collecting Meteorites" #250 to the very first person visiting:

_www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com_
(http://www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com)

and depositing the correct amount at the Paypal link (USA addresses- $25.80,
International and Hawaii - US$ 32.95, includes shipping).

Important disclaimer - I will soon be off-line and unable to respond to
inquiries (i.e., - "Do you still have #250?"). I will notify the new owner of
#250 via email. I hope to sell a few more books today, so please DO NOT
participate in this offering if you will be unhappy receiving signed copies of #302
or #303, etc.

Lastly, having now had time to read the book in its final, tangible
incarnation, and not just as a Word-file, I am reminded of the team effort (Joel
Schiff, ORN and Dorothy, Darryl Pitt) that was necessary to create this product
and remain thankful to my friends and acquaintances who donated their talents
and/or material (you know who you are) or charged discounted rates for their
skilled labor (Geoffrey Notkin) to make it so.

"The Art of Collecting Meteorites" has just been reviewed by writer and
educator Martin Horejsi and his impressions will soon be appearing in
"Meteorite." I thank him for contributing his time to this endeavor.

A short review of the book and a link to my site also appears at
_www.meteoritecentral.com_ (http://www.meteoritecentral.com) . I deeply appreciate that
mention on this highly-regarded website.

Kevin Kichinka