[meteorite-list] What great hobby!! + microwaves to detectmeteorites?

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 12 10:53:16 2005

He hasn't found any meteorites yet. The reason I say "yet" is that I know
Keith well enough that he will keep at it until he' successful. He has
found buried pipes and other objects of interest that show the potential of
GPR. The object doesn't have to be metallic to show up on the screen, but
iron objects would certainly give off a better signal. Keith's machine is
very similar to the one used by the FBI and other investigative agencies to
look for buried bodies. It is amazing to see the soil disturbance patterns
that are present after a hold has been dug and refilled.
My guess is that once Keith gets him health issues addressed so he can
focus on his ideas, he'll be finding meteorites that other people only
dream about finding.

Best,
John Gwilliam