[meteorite-list] RE: Microwave my meteorites?

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 11:21:16 2005

Hi Guys,

I just know that the acres of farm fields I have access to has meteorites
just waiting for a meteorite detector/detectress, and an able-bodied
shoveler/shoveltress and I would love to put together plans to be that such
person someday. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be a 10' hole-digger but I
can aspire to 3' for a nice prize found in my very own strewnfield (yes,
I'll find one). After I find a strewnfield then I'll consider 10' but only
with digging equipment.

Does Whites still put out such a detector? (I could look on their website
but don't know exactly what to look for.) Does your neighbor get used
model$? How about display model$? We have to consider light weight if that
is a possiblity. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but I want to be
ready!

As it happens, Arizona Keith is the same person I was discussing GPR with
and have been leaving him to recuperate quietly. I have trouble recuperating
quietly...can you tell? No jokes please ;) (...unless they're really funny)

No snow here in SE Michigan (right now),
Maria