[meteorite-list] Supposed Threats to Steve Arnold

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 01:49:45 2005

Hello List,
I've purposely stayed out of this fray for a reason. The anonymous person
who goes by the name Meteoritepolice CC'd me the letter he sent to Steve.
He must have observed at some time in the past that I'm not a member of the
Steve Arnold Fan Club and felt he would be safe in sharing the letter with
me. I suggested he not post his letter to Steve to the entire Meteorite
List and he agreed. I do not know who this Meteoritepolice person is, nor
do I agree with all of the issues he addresses in his letter, but, I will
say the following.

Although some of the content was sarcastic and heavy-handed, he did not
accuse Steve of anything he hasn't been guilty of. And he certainly DID
NOT threaten Steve in any way.

There may be some of you who think I have a biased opinion in this matter
so I have sent a copy of said letter to a few people who can read it
themselves and let the rest of you know if they perceived any threats or
not. If Meteoritepolice contacts me again and says I can share the
content of the letter with a few more of you I will be glad to do
so. Maybe then the truth will come out.

Red herring? Smoke screen? Damage control? Call it what you want, but
that's what I think is going on here.

There is an issue that I wish one of our list members would share with the
entire list so all of you can see Steve in his true light. This incident
involved the sale of a Chiang Khan specimen and some money that was
promised for the relief efforts in the Tsunami Disaster last
December. Hopefully someone will stand up and have the courage to tell
the story.

Regards,
John Gwilliam