[meteorite-list] What is it??

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 01:06:54 2005

Elton noted: "Actually folks..there IS a glass impactite found at Meteor
Crater. I have read the research long ago but not sure Iremember what it
looks like. I even think HHN wrote about it."

You are correct Elton, but the impactite looks like Monturique
impactite....which is also glass. when you melt just about any two or more
rocks together you get glass. Not window glass, but glass.

Michael is correct on it being burned trash. This was a bunch of it on the
side of the storage hill a couple of years ago.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com