[meteorite-list] What great hobby!!

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 00:05:06 2005

Graham Christensen Wrote:
>btw, I went meteorite hunting today for the first time in a couple years!
>And I found...*drumroll*...scrap metal!
>Graham

Maria Sheepishly Adds:
I am so desperate to find "something" walking fields every single day
looking for meteorites that I have started to fill my rock bag with scrap
pieces of metal, miscellaneous junk, gum wrappers, fast food containers and
the occasional bolt, screw and nail. While I may not be ridding the world of
those pesky meteorites laying everywhere, I am providing some job security
to our garbage collection service employees. (Of course I look the metal
stuff over really carefully one more time just in case space rocks could
actually weather to look like one of those rusted old metal pop lids.) Sick.